As more and more parents choose to drop their kids off at school in the morning and pick them up in the afternoon, roadways and carpool lanes become increasingly crowded. No matter how much planning goes into getting the kids in and out of each car as fast as possible, the lines are still pretty long. However, using this waiting time wisely can help improve your week and help you stay organized. Here are five things that can keep you busy while you wait:
1. Add things to your planner / make a grocery list – Planning out the week can help keep your family on track and organized. The school year is a busy time and the calendar fills up quick, so making time to write down events in your planner and make your grocery list helps life go smoother.
2. Make appointments – Making doctor, dentist, and haircut appointments can easily be put off until the last minute. But then you are at the bottom of the waiting list and can’t get an appointment when you need one! The car line is the perfect amount of time to call and make those appointments (while there are no screaming kids in the background!).
3. Listen to a book or podcast – The car line is also a good time to find a book or podcast to read or listen to during your very little amount of free time.
4. Call that friend you have been meaning to chat with – We have all been there…going weeks at a time without being able to catch up with our friends because life is crazy. The car line is a good chance to give an old friend a call and say “how have you been?”
5. Watch a Netflix show – Most parents know that when you have kids, your life revolves around taking care of them! Which doesn’t leave much time for anything else. Finding a show you enjoy is a good way to pass time while you wait.