Spring is right around the corner and the last thing you want is to fall behind on your spring cleaning! Here are a few things that can be done to get your home prepped and ready for spring!
1. Clean your gutters. Before spring showers are in full force, clear out your gutters and make sure your downspouts flow freely.
2. Caulk windows and doors. A little caulking will keep water from seeping in and potentially causing costly damage.
3. Refresh your paint inside and out. Whether it’s fresh paint on your baseboards or an entirely new coat on the exterior, paint is a relatively simple and inexpensive way to freshen up your home. Not only does it look great, but fresh paint helps protect against potential damage from spring showers and summer sun.
4. Let the laundry room breath. Clean out dryer vents and air ducts to prevent heat buildup.
5. Inspect high and low. Your basement and attic are two areas of your home that are easy to overlook. Check walls and flooring for leaks, stains and mold. Little leaks can become huge headaches if left unaddressed.
6. Inspect your heating system. Your furnace worked overtime to keep you warm during the colder months, return the favor by replacing your filters and cleaning the furnace of any dust and debris. If you’re not comfortable doing it yourself, call a professional. A service call is always cheaper than a new heating system.