Here are a few tips for a successful garage sale.
1. Advertise! Use Social Media to your advantage, free advertising! Ask your neighbors, friends and family to share your posts. Also- spend the time (or a little money) to make your directional signs look as professional as possible. Being able to clearly read the address from your car on the road is also important.
2. Have everything set up 30 min to an hour early. It will make the first wave of customers much easier to handle!
3. Make sure to have plenty of change, and/or a Venmo account set up.
4. If you are married or living with your S.O. make sure everything you’re selling is agreed upon. Nothing worse than your neon beer sign being *almost* sold without your knowing. (All of you ‘The Office’ fans out there know what I mean..)
5. Do your best to pick a weekend with a promising weather forecast. Sometimes tough to do, a back up plan of moving items inside your garage could be a good alternative!